Friday, January 9, 2009

My First Trip Abroad: It's Cosmic!!!!

Hi, my name is Johann. Currently I'm on holiday from.... Well, to be honest, from my home world. Do I believe in aliens? Of course! Anything can be out there. But, I'm not interested in this world: Earth, its fellow planets, solar system, galaxy, and universe. I'm more interested in what's beyond that.

Well, science is small, it has barely passed knowing what's our world like. I'm impatient! So, let's forget science, and let our imagination take us further afield.

I remember the day I started off on my travel. Been travelling for at least 27 years now, even though, in actuality, I'm only 15! Am I mad? Certainly! For what is sanity but mere boredom.
Anyway, let me tell you where I came from. My hometown is a place called Melswith. I don't remember much of the place, but when my parents ( who I can't even remember how they look like), told me they managed to buy a trip to the Etherens, I was excited as hell! The Etherens (my people's name for this universal dimension) is a place quite far away, and to that day, I had never even left Melswith. I was born there and never travelled in my life.

Anyway, we went on a long flight to my world's largest city, Paninsularre. It took us about 178 hours to travel there on a jet-liner the size of a cruise ship, with all the amenities. That was super for me. My first ever flight. But, more was to come when we landed.

The process of travelling to another world was interesting. First, we had to go to the "Inter-dimensional" Travel Centre" or what was called an Aphelotte. The Aphelotte was located in downtown Paninsularre. One would think of a huge facility like an airport with remarkable ships and vessels for space exploration. No, this place was nothing like that. For heaven's sake, it was in the downtown of the world's largest metropolis. How could such a huge facility be in place where only shops, banks, clinics, and offices reside? It would not be big enough. You know, spaces in cities no matter where in the universe you go to, are still too small for anything. That's what I thought untill that day.

The Aphelotte was the size of a doctor's clinic. There were many people waiting with bags in hand to see what some thought to be a doctor or a lawyer. Yet, the larger surprise was, that in this building, everyone was waiting to meet with an Inter-dimensional officer or an Aphelottean. He or she would check us in by viewing our passports and weighing our bags, just like how an airline officer would check us into our respective flights at an airport. Then, he or she brought us towards two poles. It looked like pillars or standing lamps. There was a shelf of books on the other side of those poles. I thought that we might have to study something before we were actually taken to the "true" Aphellotte by a car of some kind. Little did I realise how wrong I was about what they truly were.

Our Aphellottean switched them on, and the background of book shelves blurred to a fuzzy screen of blue. He asked us to take our bags and walk through this screen. It was some kind of portal. Lo and behold, on the other side, there was this big waiting room. It looked like the insides of a starship that you see on the television!

My dad approached the information counter to present our tickets. The lady there said: Welcome to Occrea!" I was stunned beyond belief. I knew my geography really well, and Occrea is a non-inhabited part of the planet near the north pole, billions of miles by my standard, away from Paninsularre, which was in the southern hemisphere.

Physically, my hometown was closer to Occrea than Paninsularre. I laughed at the absurd irony of travelling 178 hours by jet to a place that would only be only 100 hours by jet from my hometown in the opposite direction. I asked the lady why we needed to travel so far from Melswith to get here. She said, "No man can breathe with the natural climate of this place. It is the home of supernatural beings like giants, elves, and sabretooth men. But, do not fear, we are protected here by a "transcendant dimensional application (TDA). To enter TDA, you needed to go through our Aphelottes located either in Sul or Paninsularre. That is why you travelled so far to Paninsularre from Melswith to be here. Furthermore, the TDA is protecting our Inter-dimensional Column Sector Starline or better put, our Inter-dimensional ship.

"Wow!" That was all I could say, as I looked at awe to the fact that we were already aboard the ship that will take us to the Etherens. However, we were told by an officer later, that we needed to line up in order to enter our take-off cabins. For we needed to take-off from Occrea to depart my world for the Etherens. "Oh, how interesting!" I thought to myself as I imagined the process of leaving this world was like the process of leaving my country only more interesting and exciting!

So, we lined up heading into the "take-off" cabins. There were two cabins. They were arranged according to our point of entry. Those who came from Sul's Aphelotte went into one just as we went into the cabin assigned for those who came from Paninsularre's Aphelotte.

It was like getting into a jet-liner, once again. I got the window seat, for I love looking out during my travels.

Though, I was disappointed , for all I saw was that same fuzzy blue screen I saw in the Aphelottean's office in Paninsularre.

The safety video came on in the front of the cabin. The man on the screen said: Welcome aboard Column Sector ZX776, bound from the Autherens to the Etherens. Our flight will take a week to and a week back from the Etherens. For your safety, please strap yourself into your seat...., the cabin chambers will now integrate , lifting the central bulk, the place of your waiting and other activities above. This complex process will take five minutes. We are lifting a bulk the size of a cruise liner onto the top of our taking-off cabins. You are seated here for there is massive instability within the bulk. When stability is regained after exiting this universe, you may exit this cabin. This whole process till exit, will take three hours. Thank you and I wish you, a pleasant flight.

The fuzzy blue screen disintegrated, revealing the physical landscape of Occrea. "Hmmh, all I can see, dad, are mountains of white snow and some peculiar creatures beyond. Next to the mountains, I see another large mountain, ohh, it is moving! Will we be safe?" The hostess came up to assure me that this take-off area is protected by the lords of these creatures, so there is nothing to fear. She added: But, that's another reason why we entered the ship via TDA. For should we have been seen by these giants on our own, we might become prey.

Thinking of what she said, I was mixed with calm, excitement, and dread should I have been outside. You know that at times, when I travel on a jet taxiing for take-off, I am mixed with dread and excitement. Well, this feeling was multiplied to its extreme at this time! The ship charged the runway. It went faster then faster untill it travelled basically the length of Australia before it took off, all in the matter of twenty minutes. This shows how much speed is necessary for interworld travel. I did not have time to see the clouds, for in less than a second, I was looking at my home planet, Auteria, in the same way the astronauts viewed the earth from outer space. We had entered space, or what is known as "Auteria Air".

We were served a meal as we flew over the other planets, just as you eat looking down on familiar or not so familiar places from a jet. I saw a blazing fiery planet, and I was told that was Sakretska, the planet of devils, demons, ghosts, witches, and monsters. Then, I saw for myself, Autherential hell: Garantula, a few hours later.

After a shudder, like a minor earth tremor, we were told that we had exited our universe, "The Autherens" at Point Marcus. From here on, it was inter-universal space, then universal space till the edge of the Etherens.

As we re-entered the Starship complex from the cabin, we were brought to our hotel. In the room, I glanced through a number of brochures advertising the various ways in which we can travel to the Etherens from our stop at "Monumental Point", which lies just at the edge of Earth's universe.

One particular advert interested me a great deal. It said: Want the real experience of Ethera? Earthlings call it Earth! Then, become an earthling yourself! Attend the seminar by Admiral Jacobs to learn of this option for visiting and making the most of your holiday in the Etherens.

I attended the seminar, liked it, and decided I will become a life on Ethera. I chose 1981 to be born for it looked like an interesting era. I saw a catalog of parents who were able to care for me. I chose to be born in Malaysian Borneo to both Evelyn Jean and Abang Kassim Zawawi. It looked to me, that I could do something with this life that I chose. Well, now that I know I'm still on the same trip, each and everyday here on Earth, I'll try to enjoy the rest of my trip here ! By the way, my parents at first, objected to this idea. But, soon enough, they came to their senses about letting me learn from experience. Now, that I've had this flashback, I hope to share with them my brilliant life here on Earth. Hopefully, I will return from this trip, still mad yet enlightened!

3 comments:

  1. nice.. very interesting and very imaginatve.. heheh!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got curious about all that Daesum or Daesuma thing....

    But I was also somewhat annoyed to be blocked from your Facebook, ,after that interesting chat we had, and after I returned from my walk to the bakery

    Greetings from Montevideo,Uruguay,Southamerica

    Facebook.com/Fabian.CODICIOSO.Diaz

    ReplyDelete